
<< OLD Feels like home walking in. Safe, secure, welcoming. People on the phone speaking french. Greeting you as enter the glass doors, you check in your cellphones, iPods, and bags. You stand with your arms spread in Vitruvian position as they scan your body for firearms. I've always loved when they did this.
I had to go visit the Canadian Embassy today to renew my citizenship and also get a new passport. The new passports are pretty awesome. I like playing around with holograms, I've always been an ansy kid easily amused with a short attention span for things that are shiny. My dad was talking to a man that is an architect. And listen to how impressive he is: He is a dual citizen like me, Canadian-Filipino and a permanent resident of the States. He must be one successful architect.
He was telling us a story about how he has different been treated differently when he travels to different countries depending on the passport he shows. He told us as a Canadian, he's been treated so much better and has been even given discounts up to 50% on items, yet traveling under his American passport they treat him a lot less courteous. His reasoning behind it all was this: "I truly believe it's because other countries view American's as bully's, yet with Canadians they see them as peacemakers, quiet spoken".
Is this true?
You can guess what flag is going to be attached to my luggage during travel.

No comments:
Post a Comment